History of Grove Hill Baptist Church

Grove Hill Baptist Church was organized in 1861 by “circuit rider” preachers, going from community to community. The first church was a small white frame structure with a bell tower and stained glass windows, near the present location. A beautiful oak grove surrounded the church. 
In 1924, a brick edifice was erected, with an educational annex added in 1951. In 1963, another education unit was constructed and was later named for the pastor of twenty-two years, Rev. Charles Granade. The church and first annex burned January 9, 1996. The present building was dedicated April 19, 1998. The original bell from the first church is now in the present bell tower.  
Original GHBC
1861 – 1924
GHBC pre Fire
1924 – 1996
1998 – Present